Good evening! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season thus far! So, this recipe for Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken is seriously one of my favorite recipes. It is not only super easy, but it is ridiculously yummy! If you have picky eaters, this recipe has been tested by many of my friends who have picky eaters in their houses and it has been loved by all! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I usually serve it with brown rice and either asparagus or sauteed zucchini! Click here for a PDF version of the recipe! Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
½ – 2/3 cup cornstarch
3 – 4 eggs beaten
¼ cup canola oil
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
1 cup sugar
4 – 5 Tbsp. Ketchup
¼ cup distilled white vinegar
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into 1” cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken into cornstarch and then dip into eggs. (P.S. – Easy time saving tip… put the chicken pieces into a plastic bag and add the cornstarch and shake until it is coated. Then add the beaten eggs and shake. Then just add to pan!)
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until browned, but not cooked through. Place the chicken in a 9” x 13” greased baking dish.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce. Pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for one hour. During the baking process, turn the chicken every 15 minutes.