In an effort to be more Thankful, I am participating in Thankful Thursday. There is so much that I have to be thankful for, but here are just a few!
- Hubs – I know I say that fairly often, but this week he has not only tolerated the Christmas decorations going up, he has helped. This is huge for him as he isn’t a big holiday person (for many of the past holidays he has been away from friends and family).
- Family – I had the pleasure of seeing my family this past weekend for Thanksgiving and it was great! We are a small but very tight-knit family, so time together is always treasured. Loved getting to just hang out and relax together.
- Sadie & Beau – I truly have some of the best pets around. Sadie is just a rock-star at traveling and well, life in general… Seriously, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t love her… she does that to people, just charms them with a few puppy kisses and tail wags. For Beau, he is your typical cat’s cat. He isn’t exactly Mr. Social, but he is a sweetheart once he trusts you (it took him almost a year or so to warm up to me). He turns 20 in May and for a cat that is 19.5 he is still very nimble and we go for walks in the backyard every day and he just loves to chase the birds (and the dog!).
- Christmas – So, for anyone who has read this blog before knows I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. Seriously, I love almost everything about this season and I look forward to it all year! I just love the hope and the love that infuses this time of year.
- Memories – This year has been tough on my family as a few weeks ago we lost my sweet Grandmother. She had lived a long and wonderful life and I truly believe that she was ok with going on, however, every now and then I think of something she said or that we would do together and I get really sad. But I have to take a deep breath and then remember that I am so truly blessed to have those wonderful memories of her. I was so fortunate and lucky to have had her with me for 31 years and I know that she is still with me and that she guides me. Yesterday afternoon when I got hungry, I went downstairs and cut an apple up for a snack. It hit me hard right then how much I missed her because every time I went to her house (which was quite often) she would always have an apple cut up for the two of us to share and we would talk. So, yesterday I had an apple with Mammaw. She wasn’t there in person, but she was in spirit. So this week I am thankful for all those little moments and wonderful memories I have of her.
I hope each and every one of you is having a wonderful week!
Until We Meet Again,