Happy Monday, y’all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and a wonderful start to December! Seriously, how is it December already? Anyway, during December life just feels more hectic, so I like to have a couple meals ready to use that are quick, easy, and budget friendly. This recipe for Spicy Chicken Rigatoni fits all three of those requirements. Also, just as a note, you can make it as spicy as you want, so if you are cooking for folks who don’t enjoy as much spice, you can tone it down! It is amazing how such a simple recipe has such a great flavor! Additionally, the sauce can be made beforehand and frozen to simply reheat. Enjoy! You can get the PDF version of the recipe here (Spicy Chicken Rigatoni) !
¼ cup olive oil
½ Tbsp. Crushed Red Pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
2 Chicken breasts thinly sliced (1/8” – ¼” thickness)
1 ½ cups marinara sauce (this can be homemade or jarred)
1 cup Alfredo sauce
2 tsp. butter
10 oz. frozen peas
1-pound rigatoni (or whatever pasta you have handy) cooked
Fresh Parmesan to taste
- Bring water to a boil to cook pasta. (IF FREEZING- DO THIS STEP DAY OF)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper, salt, pepper and garlic. Sauté until garlic caramelizes (couple minutes).
- Add sliced chicken. Cook for a bit, but don’t worry about it cooking all the way yet.
- Add marinara sauce, then Alfredo sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken is done and the sauce has thickened.
- Turn heat to low, add butter and peas. Allow the butter to melt and peas to warm.
- IF FREEZING – Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool. Place in a freezer bag, label and freeze. To reheat, thaw for 24 hours and then reheat in a large skillet and resume at step 7.
- Add pasta to the sauce and mix thoroughly. Top with fresh Parmesan to taste.