So… I apparently am not smarter than WordPress… I wrote this blog and then saved it as a draft and forgot to hit publish… my bad. So, this was supposed to go out yesterday (pretend that it did, if you will, thanks!).
What I am thankful for this week.
1. Dear friends and family. I love them!
2. The ability to provide for my family. Granted right now my family is me, Sadie (dog) and Beau (cat), but the knowledge that I can provide for us is so comforting and at the same time sad. It is sad because I know many people who are unable to provide for their families and are forced to make very difficult decisions about what is “necessary” and what is not “necessary”. It breaks my heart that good people are having to make those difficult decisions.
3. I am thankful for the ability and willingness to run (albeit at times it is more of a jog). While I am not super fast, I eventually will meander my way to the finish line. There are many who cannot.
4. I am thankful for the rain we have had this past week. Our area (like so many others) was getting dangerously dry. The rain has been greatly appreciated (well, appreciated by me… the thunder has not been really appreciated by Ms. Sadie and Mr. Beau).
5. I am thankful for our nation’s freedom. We enjoy so many opportunities and privileges that most people around the world will never know. Often we take these gifts for granted… I urge you, the next time you see an active duty or retired service member or their family (the families make such a great sacrifice), thank them for their service. I guarantee you, it will make their day.
I hope each of you has a wonderful week as well!
Until We Meet Again,